Monday, June 16, 2008
Click here from more information
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Catch up on your reading this Summer by visiting the Enoch Pratt Free Library. In addition to thousands of books, the Enoch Pratt Free Libraries in District 7 also have great programs including:
- “Mother Goose on the Loose” Interactive Nursery Rhyme Program
- "Catch the Reading Bug" Summer Reading Program
- Preschool Story Time
- Chess Kings
- Anime Review
Monday, May 26, 2008
311 Online is the Baltimore City's CitiTrack Service Request System, which works the same as dialing 311.
Monday, May 12, 2008
I would like to thank everyone for stopping by my all new blog. This will be a forum for me to share my experiences as your 7th District Baltimore City Council Representative.
As a one-term city legislator, I was the sole sponsor of four enacted city ordinances, and the lead sponsor of two. One was to allow New Mount Hebron Baptist Church on West North Avenue to use part of its property as parking. Another put in place a new development plan for Mondawmin Mall. The third was to allow an assisted-living facility on a property on Gwynns Falls Parkway. The last of my sole-sponsored bills that passed permitted a homeless shelter on West North Avenue to expand. As for my lead-sponsor legislation, one renamed the entrance of the Maryland Zoo to One Safari Place and the other cut off water service to vacant structures.
It was by passing resolutions, not laws, that I have shone legislatively during her first term. I was lead sponsor of eight of them, expressing support for:
- the proclamation of 2005 to be Rosa Parks Year
- an informational council hearing on problems at the Mitchell Courthouse
- publicizing the sex-offender registry
- increasing penalties for unattended children left in vehicles
- a pilot program to allow recreation centers to stay open after curfew
- a pilot program to keep school buildings open on weekends in summer
- allowing the city Department of Social Services to accept prepayment of electricity services
- a special Annapolis legislative session to address BGE energy rates
Please be sure to stop back often, and see what I am working on next!